Saturday, April 5, 2014

I Love MyFitnessPal And Athletic Tape!

So yeah, there is this thing called MyFitnessPal and its an app you can download on your phone (but you can also use the website on your computer, both of which I like to do).   You can record your weight, your inches, your weight loss goals..   And it will calculate how many calories you can have.

Then it gives you a food diary and it knows all the nutrition information of any food (popular fast food, or ingredients you cook with at home, etc.).   You can also scan the bar code of packaged foods, and it will tell you the nutritional value of everything.  

So that way you know how many calories you ate vs. how many you should be eating.  You can even make friends there and get support, if you want to.   Its just a wonderful tool and its been invaluable in helping me keep track of what I eat. 

I also recently discovered the amazing and useful qualities of Athletic taping!  Many people use athletic tape for extra support in their feet, hands, wrists, etc.   I have this issue with my feet where I have pronated ankles (that's when your inner ankles lean in, causing your arches to go flat against the floor).   I also have flat feet.  And as if that weren't bad enough, I have "plantar fasciitis" too-- which is over-stretching and irritation of the plantar tendon on the bottom of the feet (especially in the heels).

All three of these problems can cause A LOT of foot pain, and by association-- back pain, due to bad posture.

So I went on YouTube and watched some videos on how to do athlettic taping on the feet to offer better support against flat feet, pronated ankles and plantar fasciitis, to help correct these problems. 

I also bought some Dr. Scholls shoes, and some orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis.  and this helps the taping do its job better.

There are pros and cons to using athletic tape on your feet.   It certainly does provide excellent custom support!  But sometimes if you didn't do the best job on your taping, it can irritate a little.  And of course you are constantly buying more tape!  lol.   But the way it helps kind of makes it all worth it.

So yeah, those are my 2 tips for the day-- check out MyFitnessPal, and if you have foot problems, watch videos on how to do athletic taping on them.   

2 comments:

  1. Someone is stealing and re-uploading your videos on you tube!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sure hope not! Do you happen to have the links so I can report them?

      Delete