Sunday, March 16, 2014

Rough Days

I had a pretty hard day.  If you have read my "About Me" section in the tabs above where I discuss my job, then you know I work in the clothing department of a very large retailer.  Due to a strict social media policy, I am not allowed to say which one.

Yesterday was Saturday, which can get pretty busy.   I am lucky in the sense that I LOVE all the people I work with.  But just people were rushing around.   Everything was moving a lot FASTER than usual. 

Well after work, I clocked out at 5:00pm (I started my shift at 8:00am).   I bought a small plastic tub and some Epsom salt, so I could soak my feet at home.   I was soooooooo looking forward to that.

Well I called my husband who was at home sleeping, because he works an early shift.   He usually drops me off at work, then picks me up to bring me home, because we only have ONE car and he needs it while I'm at work for his job.  So we do our best to share it.  

But...   He wouldn't wake up!   I called and called.  I sat on a bench at the front of the store, calling him for HOURS!   I live in a different town than where I work, and nobody else was going out that way.  It was much too far for a cab, and much too expensive, plus I hadn't received my paycheck yet, I was broke.  A cab probably would have been about $35!

I was just so frustrated.  

Plus I had seen someone who reminded me of my Dad, and that was making me think of him a lot..  Dad passed away in December, 2013.   So I was a bit emotional.  I was about to blow a head gasket.

Finally, I went back into the break room, where there were still other workers doing their shifts.  They were all on break, having something to eat.   They asked me why I was still here, so I told them.   They felt bad, because they could clearly see that I was upset and tired.

One of them-- an older woman from my department(ish), about 80 years old (and yes, still working) pulled out a HUGE portion of her "homemade from scratch" chocolate cake and offered me some.   Of course I accepted, being as how I was starving and chocolate always cheers me up.   The cake was AMAZING!  

No, not diet friendly AT ALL, but I was just so upset and hungry, and that was the only food available...   So I will forgive myself for that one.   lol.   

About 5 minutes after eating the cake, I suddenly calmed down.  All my emotional craze quickly melted away.   Just from a medical standpoint, I would say that my emotional, shaky state was probably due to having low blood sugar (along with all the events of the day).  And eating something-- anything!-- alleviated that.  

So the older lady sat there and made all of us laugh so hard our stomachs hurt.   And she calmed me down (I was very angry at my husband).

Finally, my husband woke up and answered his phone!  At about 8:30pm.   He said he had slept through his alarm, and would be there in 15 minutes...    But he finally arrived at 9:00pm!!

The older lady encouraged me NOT to "kill him", and I gave her a big hug before leaving.  Honestly, had it not been for her and the other comedic co-workers back there, I probably would have clawed his face off, lol.

But yeah, it was just a very rough day, and sometimes I feel like its very hard to get this diet going, and keep it going, when I don't even have the money to buy the right foods yet (since I haven't gotten paid yet), and there are so many other things around me that pull me astray...   Like nice little grandmas with homemade chocolate cake, when I am upset enough to cry!   lol.

But I will see what I can do in terms of sticking to the plan better in the future.   Needless to say, I am planning to save up a few paychecks to get a cheap car of my own from Craigslist, because I AM NOT liking this "car sharing" arrangement, lol.  

No comments:

Post a Comment